If you want to convince your friends that money is not an issue, then you can just burn it for real like Walter White. But if you don't really want to destroy your hard-earned cash, this burn trick is perfect for you. It just takes some basic chemistry and a few materials, such as salt, water, alcohol, tongs, and a source of fire. And of course—money.
Pour some alcohol and a splash of water into a bowl. Add a pinch of salt, stir the mix, and drop the dollar into the solution. Make sure the dollar is soaked all the way through and then pull it out with the tongs, letting all the excess drip off. Now, hold the dollar with the tongs or your bare hands (depending on how daring you're feeling) and light away.
Here's a slicker presentation from Steve Spangler:
Once you have perfected the trick, you can up the ante with higher denominations.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades