Whether or not you're an aspiring magician or just curious, this trick is great to learn. It requires only one prop and only involves a very slight modification.
This cool, easy-to-learn magic trick won't even cost you a dollar.
Step 1: Fold
Fold the dollar bill in half, crosswise from end to end. Then fold it lengthwise, from top to bottom.
Step 2: Tear
Make a small tear, about a quarter inch long, a half inch in from the folded edge of the bill.
Step 3: Pretend to rip
Pretend to rip this piece off with your right fingers while actually holding the corner folded down with your left thumb. Pretend to throw this piece away.
TIP: Run your nail along the back of the bill to make the tearing sound effect.
Step 4: Ask audience
Ask the audience how many holes will be in the bill when you unfold it. Will there be one, two, or four?
Step 5: Unfold
Cover the torn piece with your fingers as you unfold the bill, snapping it open. Ask them to point out the holes. There will be none, just a tiny slit that won't be visible to the eye.
Did You Know? No longer produced, the $100,000 U.S. bill bears a portrait of the President Woodrow Wilson.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades