Daniel Martin, a magician and escape artist, explains his technique for getting out of thumbcuffs.
Disclaimer: We're pretty sure it's not illegal to know HOW to escape from thumbcuffs... but we're 100% sure it's illegal to actually escape when detained by law enforcement (just sayin').
As we already learned from Daniel, there are three ways to escape from handcuffs:
#1 - Key: This one sounds obvious, but most people don't know that just about all handcuffs use the exact same design of key. Just keep one in your back pocket, and you're set.
#2 - Shim: Smaller and much thinner than a key, a shim is easy to conceal and easy to use.
#3 - Paperclip: It's not just a cliche from action movies... you can use a garden-variety paperclip to escape from real handcuffs, and Daniel showed us how.
BUT -- in this episode, we learn a very special, very sneaky way to escape from thumbcuffs that use none of the above methods! Check it out.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades