How to Make a pen disappear with a magic trick
Want to make a pen vanish in the blink of an eye? Well you can, when you learn to perform Pen-be-Gone. You will need two white bodied ballpoint pens, white construction paper,
colored construction paper, scissors, clear tape and a screwdriver. Sometimes we use materials that require adult supervision... like scissors so make sure you have friends and family around whenever you do magic tricks.
1. Preparation: Take one of the pens and pop out the pen nib and the cap at the end. Squeeze the nib and pull out the ink.
2. Very carefully remove the ink from the nib. Use a long screwdriver to push the end out of the plastic body. All you need is the nib and the end.
3. Now, take a piece of paper and cut it so that it is the same width as the pen body. It should be about a 2 inch strip. Wrap it around the pen body tightly and then tape it so it makes a tube.
4. Slide the tube of the pen body and then place the pen insert and cap onto each end. Tape these on, and very carefully tape the middle. It will now look like a real pen.
5. Performance: Show the pen and a piece of colored paper. Carefully roll the pen up into the piece of paper.
6. Wave your hand over the tube and then magically crumble up the piece of paper… the pen is gone!