Amaze your audience with a trick that just won't quit! Make sure you have a newspaper, glue, scissors, and powder to perform the Cut and Restored Paper trick. You will need one newspaper, scissors, rubber cement and talcum powder. Sometimes we use materials that require adult supervision... like scissors so make sure you have friends and family around whenever you do magic tricks.
1. Preparation: Cut a length of newspaper into a 2-3 inch strip. Coat the middle 6-8 inches of the paper with a layer of rubber cement. Blow on it lightly, then sprinkle some talcum powder over it. Blow off any excess powder.
2. Performance: Show the strip of newspaper.
3. Fold it lightly in half, with the glue area inside the fold.
4. Cut off an inch of paper. (The glue will now "seal" the two pieces together!)
5. Reach down to the two dangling ends and grab one. Let the other one fall, showing that the paper is still in one piece!
6. You can try it again, only this time you can separate the pieces after you cut it… proving that they are separate. Carefully place them back together, being sure to line up the two halves properly. Cut a little more off and then that will "seal" the two together again. Drop one end and it's restored, again!
Have an iPhone? Check out all 200+ new features coming in iOS 13.