How to Perform the jumping rubber band magic trick
Watch as magician Ryan Oakes shows you how to make a rubber band "jump" at your command! You will need two medium sized-rubber bands. Sometimes we use materials that require adult supervision... like scissors so make sure you have friends and family around whenever you do magic tricks.
1. Wrap the rubber band around your right first finger and middle finger.
2. Hold your hand up with your palm facing you.
3. Use your left hand to pull the band out, proving to your audience that it's stuck on those two fingers. Do this several times.
4. On the final time, you will pull the band towards you at the same time you close your right fist. You will need to secretly sneak all four of your right fingers underneath the band as you let go with your left hand.
5. Keep your fist closed and point out again that the band is around your first and second fingers.
6. Snap your left hand fingers and at the same time open your right hand. As you open your fist, the rubber band will jump across!
7. Set up the trick a second time, with the band around your first and second fingers.
8. Now, place the second band around the tips of your four fingers. Interweave it between each finger to make it look more complex. Explain that it's now impossible for the band to come off and jump across.
9. Repeat the secret move and get your fingers underneath the band.
10. Open your fist to show it's jumped again!