This cool trick involves a little math, but you won't believe the results! Sometimes we use materials that require adult supervision... like scissors, so make sure you have friends and family around whenever you do magic tricks. You will need
two sheets of paper and a black marker.
1. Preparation: You'll need to write a prediction on one of the pieces of paper. Write the number 1089 in big numbers and then fold the piece of paper into thirds. Write on the outside: PREDICTION.
2. Performance: Have a spectator pick a three digit number where all 3 digits are different, and write it down on top of the other piece of paper. Now, have them subtract the REVERSE of the number. If the result is negative, just make it positive. And if the result is 99, add a zero to the front to make it 099.
3. Now, have them add the REVERSE of that number. The result will always be 1089. Tell them that even though they could have picked any number you knew all along what their answer would be.
4. Open the prediction and show them you had the EXACT SAME NUMBER!
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades