How to Perform a Ropes Through Body magic trick
Are you ready to learn a magic trick that is sure to amaze your friends and family? Ryan Oakes is going to show you how to pass ropes right through your body. You will need two pieces of rope, about four feet long each, a pair of scissors, and white thread.
Sometimes we use materials that require adult supervision... like scissors so make sure you have friends and family around whenever you do magic tricks.
1. To start, measure two pieces of rope to make sure they're the same size. Place all the ends together and find the middle of the ropes.
2. Cut a small piece of thread and tie it in a knot around the middle of the ropes, cutting off any excess. Make sure the thread is the same color as the ropes you are using. For example use white thread if your ropes are white.
3. Time to perform the trick. Casually show the ropes to your audience, pulling on the ends to show that they're strong and solid. They shouldn't be able to see the thread holding them together at the middle because it's the same color.
4. Place the ropes behind your back. This is where you'll execute a secret move. As you're finishing showing the ropes, find the attached thread in the middle. Then as you move the ropes behind you while holding them by the thread, place your finger between the threads, your thumb under one of the ropes, and switch the position of the ropes so that they are making loops over one another in opposite directions. If done correctly, the audience will be none the wiser.
5. Place the newly made loops of the ropes against your back and bring the ends around your waist in front of you. Be careful not to pull too tightly or the thread will break. Take any two of the ends in each hand and tie them into a knot to secure the rope around your waist.
6. Grab all four ends, hold firmly, and give them a pull. The thread will break behind you as you pull to release the loops and everything will come together in the front to look like the ropes have passed thro