How to Perform the sawing-in-half magic trick
No magic show would be complete without the famous sawing in half trick. So grab a straw and a piece of string and come join the fun! You will need a straw, a piece of string and a
pair of scissors. Sometimes we use materials that require adult supervision... like scissors so make sure you have friends and family around whenever you do magic tricks.
1. Preparation: Cut a small slit in the center of the straw in the middle. It should be about 3 inches long.
2. Performance: Thread the string through the straw.
3. Fold the straw in half, being careful not to reveal the cut in the center.
4. With the straw folded, secretly pull the ends of the string downward to pull them out of the straw through the slip. The "fold" of the string will now be hidden in your hand.
5. Use the scissors to cut the straw in half (the string remains safe in your hand).
6. Carefully separate the ends of the straw to prove you've really cut it all in half.
7. Pull the end of the string and it'll all come out unharmed!