Magic is a wonderful thing. But so is science. So, which category does this mystifying candle trick fall in? Perhaps both.
You only need three items to perform this magic trick: a lighter (or matches), a candle, and a candle holder (if your candle is not already in a container). The trick is to relight the candle without lighting the wick of the candle directly.
In order to relight the candle without directly flaming the wick is as simple as igniting the smoke. Impossible! No, nothing is impossible. Once you light the candle normally with your piezoelectric lighter (piezo lighter) or matchstick or whatever, blow the candle out. Then watch the smoke drift into the air. Ready your lighter or match again, but this time don't strike the wick, strike the top of the smoke stream. Instantly, the smoke will catch fire and burn downward until it reaches the wick itself and then — your candle is once again lit.
But how? The wax in the smoke burns, so when you light it, it catches on fire and continues down until it's all burnt up. That's the secret behind this fire trick — the candle wax.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades