How to Perform a ribbon restore magic trick
Get ready to learn a cool trick where a ribbon is cut in half and then magically fused back together! You will need some ribbon, an envelope, and some scissors. Sometimes we use materials that require adult supervision... like scissors, so make sure you have friends and family around whenever you do magic tricks. 1. Preparation: Cut the ends off of both sides of the envelope.
2. Open the envelope up completely and carefully cut two slits in the back of the envelope. Each slit should be about 2 inches long and they should be about 3 inches apart. Close and seal the envelope.
3. Write the words 'MAGIC TUNNEL' on the face of the envelope. Thread the ribbon through the tube.
4. Performance: Remove the ribbon from the tube and then cleanly display the ribbon and the envelope tube.
5. Squeeze the tube and look through it. Hold the tube so that the side with the slits is facing you.
6. Now thread the ribbon back into the tube from top to bottom, only this time the ribbon will pass through the slits (it'll come out one slit and then go back through the other into the tube). Be sure your audience can't see this.
7. Now you can pick up the scissors and cut through the envelope, however you are able to slide the blade BEHIND the ribbon so it is not cut. Be sure to hold the envelope so that it does not fall apart after cut in two.
8. Carefully show that the envelope is cut in half without separating the halves. Hold them together, snap your fingers, and then pull the ribbon out to show that it is now restored!